Air Conditioning Repair in Ottawa
Oria Heating and Cooling
Ottawa Heating Solutions – Air Conditioning Repair
Air Conditioning Repair
Air conditioner won’t cool? Cooling system making odd noises after beginning? Don’t sweat it. Our professional Oria Heating and Cooling technicians are ready to help when you need air conditioning repairs in Ottawa.
Our Experts are among the greatest in our industry. Count on them to deliver outstanding customer service and satisfaction. Don’t worry, we’ll have your air conditioner up and running in no time!
Common Problems with Air Conditioning Systems
These are some of the most frequent troubles with AC systems. You might be able to take care of some of these troubleshooting tasks on yourself rather than paying for an air conditioner repair. However, you should contact us if your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant or making unusual noises.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on. There can be a number of reasons as to why your air conditioning system won’t work. To name a few: a tripped circuit breaker, inaccurate thermostat settings, a switched off switch or a full condensate drain pan.
- Air isn’t cold. Double check that thermostat settings are on the right temperature and that your thermostat has power. Then replace the air filter, if you haven’t done this in the past few months. A fresh air filter can increase efficiency and indoor air quality. Make sure the outdoor unit isn’t obstructed by debris and that it isn’t leaking refrigerant. If you locate a refrigerant leak, contact us for repair. If your air conditioner was purchased prior to 2011, it possibly uses a hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) refrigerant referred to as Freon®, or R-22. This refrigerant is no longer being produced due to its damaging effects on the ozone layer. As only limited, recycled quantities are available, solving a R-22 refrigerant leak can be expensive. We typically advise air conditioning installation in this situation.
- Uneven cooling. Uneven cooling may not require an ac repair ticket and instead might require unique solutions. Fluctuating temperatures or humidity that’s imbalanced are often caused by leaky ducts, not enough insulation, or blocked registers. If none of those things are creating the problem, consider adding blackout curtains on south-facing windows. We can also install a zoning system to regulate temperatures in distinct rooms. As another option, a mini-split heat pump with variable refrigerant flow can resolve heating and cooling troubles in areas that appear uncomfortable.
- Water dripping from air conditioning unit. Inspect the condensate line for clogs. This is the PVC pipe going out of the air conditioner. Leaking refrigerant can also cause ice to build up on the coils and drip water. AC service will be necessary to fully repair your ac system if it is encapsulated in ice and this situation should be considered an emergency ac repair.
- Air conditioner is making strange noises. Screeching, clanging, banging or clicking sounds signal potentially serious problems. If you’re noticing weird air conditioner noises, shut it off and call Oria Heating and Cooling for a professional ac repair.
Overload Circuit Breaker. Your cooling won’t start when you have an overloaded breaker.
To see if a breaker has tripped, locate your home’s main electrical panel. You can locate this silver box on the wall in the basement, garage or closet.
- It’s important to make sure your hands and feet are dry before you touch the panel or breakers.
- Find the breaker labeled “AC” and make sure it’s in the “on” location. If it’s triggered, the switch will be in the “off” position.
- Firmly move the breaker back to the “on” location. If it instantly triggers again, don’t touch it and instead get in touch with us at (613) 866-1869. A breaker that keeps tripping could mean your home has serious electrical trouble.
Incorrect Thermostat Settings. If your thermostat isn’t signaling your equipment to start, unfortunately it won’t turn on.
The first step is to check if it’s switched to “cool” and not “heat.” Otherwise your AC may not turn on. You might also get hot air moving from vents because the heat is on instead.
If you’re using a traditional thermostat:
- Replace the batteries if the readout is clear. If the screen is showing garbled characters, it’s time to buy a new thermostat.
- Make sure the proper option is on the display. If you can’t adjust it, reverse it by lowering the temperature and pressing the “hold” button. This will cause your AC to run if scheduling is incorrect.
- Test setting the thermostat 5 degrees colder than the room’s temperature. Your AC won’t run if the thermostat matches the house’s temperature.
Shut-Off Switch. Your system usually has a shut-off switch around its outside unit. This lever is typically in a metal box attached to your residence. If your equipment has recently been maintained, the lever may have inadvertently been turned off.
- Overflowing Condensate Drain Pan. Condensate drain pans keep the additional liquid your equipment pulls from the air. This pan can be situated either below or inside your furnace or air handler. When there’s an obstruction or clogged drain, water can accumulate and initiate a safety control to turn off your unit. If your pan has a PVC pipe or drain, you can get rid of the extra water with a formulated pan-cleaning tab. These tabs can be purchased at a home improvement or hardware store. If your pan involves a pump, find the float switch. If the mechanism is “up” and there’s moisture in the pan, you might need to replace the pump.
If these troubleshooting tips don’t fix the issue, the Oria Heating and Cooling team is ready to assist you.
Ottawa Choice Award 2022
Best Air Conditioning Repair
Get A Free Quote On Air Conditioner Repairs in Ottawa!
Oria Heating And Cooling is Ottawa’s one-stop-shop for all of your HVAC needs – including installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance for furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, air filters, water filters, and gas lines. Whether you’re looking for help with something minor or need an experienced professional to take on a larger-scale project — we’re your go-to pros for all your HVAC needs. Our team at Oria Heating and Cooling is ready to handle all jobs in a timely and professional manner.
Give us a call or complete the form and we will contact you and provide a free estimate for the installation project at hand.