Cooling Services in Ottawa
Early Air Conditioning Deals
Starting from $38/bi-weekly
14 Sears and up
Beat the heat
Oria Heating and Cooling
Award Winning Ottawa Cooling Solutions – Air Conditioner Installation, Repair and Maintenance
Choosing the right air conditioning solutions is an important thing as there are several different air conditioning systems and ways of delivering this cooling effect in your house or room.
Today, every new air conditioning unit is given an efficiency rating, called a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating), and If your central air conditioning unit is more than 12 years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR qualified model could cut your cooling costs by 30%. The most significant aspect in deciding on an air conditioner may be the square footage of the particular space you would like to cool. This is going to directly impact how many BTUs (British Thermal Units) you will need. (BTUs are the unit in which an air conditioner’s output is measured. As BTUs increase, so will price and dimension of the system.)
An air conditioning unit that is too small for your room or house will simply not be able to do its job and you will never be satisfied with the room temperature.
There are basically several air conditioning solutions you can choose from:
- Central Air – Usually using the furnace’s existing duct system to spread the air throughout the house.
- Portable air conditioners – the cheap and easy solutions but heavy on electricity, noisy and only good for one room.
- Ductless Air Conditioners or Split systems – These are basically units built without ducts and designed to go through a wall, having vents and heat sinks both inside and outside.
A new air conditioning unit could end up saving you up to 50% on your utility bill for cooling. Faulty air conditioning system can be frustrating and annoying at times when summer heat is at its peak.
You want to make sure now that you air conditioning system is working properly before the heat arrives and you start sweating – so call us today for a new unit or maybe service the old one.
Ottawa Choice Award 2022
Best Air Conditioning Repair
Air Conditioner Installation
When you are looking for AC installation in Ottawa, you don’t want to skimp and let just anyone hook up your new equipment.
That’s where the award winning team at Oria Heating and Cooling comes in. Besides the fact we have the skills and endorsements to stand behind our outstanding air conditioning installation, we’ll offer you a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
5 Signs You Need Air Conditioning Installation
Your air conditioner will start giving you small signs that it’s failing. Here are five of the most typical ones.
- You regularly need repairs. As your air conditioner ages, its energy efficiency goes down and more prone to breakdowns. If we’re regularly at your residence for air conditioning repairs, it might be time for a new air conditioner.
- Repairs are more than half the cost of a new air conditioner. Repairs swiftly add up. When they’re greater than half the cost of a new air conditioner, it’s recommended to replace yours.
- Your air conditioner is older than 15 years old. With annual air conditioning maintenance, your cooling system could work for 20 years. However, it’s recommended to start prepping for replacement close to the 15-year mark so it’s not a shock.
- Your air conditioner has R22 refrigerant. If your air conditioner was purchased earlier than 2010, it likely has R22 refrigerant. This refrigerant is discontinued as a result of its damaging effects on the ozone layer. Since R22 has been discontinued, fixing a refrigerant leak would be very expensive.
- You want to cut your cooling bills. Installing an ENERGY STAR® air conditioner and pairing it with a smart thermostat is a smart method to conserve on energy bills. Even if you’re replacing an air conditioner that’s only 10 years old, the Department of Energy says a more efficient air conditioner could save you 20–40% on cooling expenses.
At Oria Heating and Cooling our Experts will partner with you to select the right model for your needs.
We understand that needing a new air conditioner can be a crisis you’re not totally financially prepped for. That’s why we offer flexible financing. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll get a new air conditioner. You won’t have to have a down payment, and installation costs, annual maintenance and repairs are all included. Plus, you’ll get to keep any valuable manufacturer’s rebates.
Should I Service or Get a New Air Conditioner?
While it’s tricky to predict when your central air conditioner will stop operating, it will give you several symptoms that you need to get a new one.
Although it can be a challenge to predict when your air conditioner will stop operating, if you’re aware of what to look out for – your unit will give you several signs and symptoms that you need to install a new one through Oria Heating & Cooling.
AC units typically last about 10–15 years. If your household unit is beyond 15 years old, it has a greater likelihood of needing repairs. You should start to think about buying a new one and educate yourself about new air conditioners right away.
Repeated Service Needs
You should start thinking about air conditioner replacement if you need repairs frequently.
Higher Cooling Costs
Outdated AC units aren’t as efficient. If you don’t complete regular air conditioner maintenance, you risk having a system with lower efficiency and a bigger utility expense.
An out-of-date AC unit may run more regularly and have trouble cooling your residence. Modern AC units are engineered to run less often to help you save money on energy costs.
3 Advantages of Installing a Modern Air Conditioner
Today’s central air conditioning systems have perks that outdated systems simply can’t match. You can feel confident knowing that you’ll have equipment that’ll run for many years.
A modern AC system can deliver:
1. Enhanced Efficiency
Updated AC systems offer superior efficiency ratings compared to systems from 10–15 years in the past. A new air conditioner could help you save up to 50% on your utility expenses.
2. Nearly Silent Comfort
An up-to-date air conditioner contains state-of-the-art technology to assist in cooling your residence with less disruption. You deserve peace and comfort.
3. Trouble-Free Cooling
The newest AC options ensure your system will work longer and provide air conditioning to the highest standard. When you combine your new AC unit with a service agreement, you’ll never forget your yearly air conditioner tune-up appointment again.
Air Conditioner Repair
Air conditioner won’t cool? Cooling system making odd noises after beginning? Don’t sweat it. Our professional Oria Heating and Cooling technicians are ready to help when you need air conditioning repairs in Ottawa.
Our Experts are among the greatest in our industry. Count on them to deliver outstanding customer service and satisfaction. Don’t worry, we’ll have your air conditioner up and running in no time!
Common Problems with Air Conditioning Systems
These are some of the most frequent troubles with AC systems. You might be able to take care of some of these troubleshooting tasks on yourself rather than paying for an air conditioner repair. However, you should contact us if your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant or making unusual noises.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on. There can be a number of reasons as to why your air conditioning system won’t work. To name a few: a tripped circuit breaker, inaccurate thermostat settings, a switched off switch or a full condensate drain pan.
- Air isn’t cold. Double check that thermostat settings are on the right temperature and that your thermostat has power. Then replace the air filter, if you haven’t done this in the past few months. A fresh air filter can increase efficiency and indoor air quality. Make sure the outdoor unit isn’t obstructed by debris and that it isn’t leaking refrigerant. If you locate a refrigerant leak, contact us for repair. If your air conditioner was purchased prior to 2011, it possibly uses a hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) refrigerant referred to as Freon®, or R-22. This refrigerant is no longer being produced due to its damaging effects on the ozone layer. As only limited, recycled quantities are available, solving a R-22 refrigerant leak can be expensive. We typically advise air conditioning installation in this situation.
- Uneven cooling. Uneven cooling may not require an ac repair ticket and instead might require unique solutions. Fluctuating temperatures or humidity that’s imbalanced are often caused by leaky ducts, not enough insulation, or blocked registers. If none of those things are creating the problem, consider adding blackout curtains on south-facing windows. We can also install a zoning system to regulate temperatures in distinct rooms. As another option, a mini-split heat pump with variable refrigerant flow can resolve heating and cooling troubles in areas that appear uncomfortable.
- Water dripping from air conditioning unit. Inspect the condensate line for clogs. This is the PVC pipe going out of the air conditioner. Leaking refrigerant can also cause ice to build up on the coils and drip water. AC service will be necessary to fully repair your ac system if it is encapsulated in ice and this situation should be considered an emergency ac repair.
- Air conditioner is making strange noises. Screeching, clanging, banging or clicking sounds signal potentially serious problems. If you’re noticing weird air conditioner noises, shut it off and call Oria Heating and Cooling for a professional ac repair.
Overload Circuit Breaker. Your cooling won’t start when you have an overloaded breaker.
To see if a breaker has tripped, locate your home’s main electrical panel. You can locate this silver box on the wall in the basement, garage or closet.
- It’s important to make sure your hands and feet are dry before you touch the panel or breakers.
- Find the breaker labeled “AC” and make sure it’s in the “on” location. If it’s triggered, the switch will be in the “off” position.
- Firmly move the breaker back to the “on” location. If it instantly triggers again, don’t touch it and instead get in touch with us at (613) 866-1869. A breaker that keeps tripping could mean your home has serious electrical trouble.
Incorrect Thermostat Settings. If your thermostat isn’t signaling your equipment to start, unfortunately it won’t turn on.
The first step is to check if it’s switched to “cool” and not “heat.” Otherwise your AC may not turn on. You might also get hot air moving from vents because the heat is on instead.
If you’re using a traditional thermostat:
- Replace the batteries if the readout is clear. If the screen is showing garbled characters, it’s time to buy a new thermostat.
- Make sure the proper option is on the display. If you can’t adjust it, reverse it by lowering the temperature and pressing the “hold” button. This will cause your AC to run if scheduling is incorrect.
- Test setting the thermostat 5 degrees colder than the room’s temperature. Your AC won’t run if the thermostat matches the house’s temperature.
Shut-Off Switch. Your system usually has a shut-off switch around its outside unit. This lever is typically in a metal box attached to your residence. If your equipment has recently been maintained, the lever may have inadvertently been turned off.
- Overflowing Condensate Drain Pan. Condensate drain pans keep the additional liquid your equipment pulls from the air. This pan can be situated either below or inside your furnace or air handler. When there’s an obstruction or clogged drain, water can accumulate and initiate a safety control to turn off your unit. If your pan has a PVC pipe or drain, you can get rid of the extra water with a formulated pan-cleaning tab. These tabs can be purchased at a home improvement or hardware store. If your pan involves a pump, find the float switch. If the mechanism is “up” and there’s moisture in the pan, you might need to replace the pump.
If these troubleshooting tips don’t fix the issue, the Oria Heating and Cooling team is ready to assist you.
Oria Heating and Cooling
AC Replacement You Can Rely On
We make air conditioning installation effortless with our skilled team at Oria Heating & Cooling, which includes licensed and certified professionals.
From keeping your garden uncluttered when we’re installing equipment to checking up your new unit, you can feel confident knowing our experts won’t disregard any steps. We’ll share our process with you and confirm you understand tune-up requirements.
Get in touch with us at (613) 866-1869 or contact us online to start your air conditioner installation now. We’ll help you select the right solution for your needs and have your air conditioning installed right away.
Get A Free Quote On All New HVAC Installations!
Oria Heating And Cooling is Ottawa’s one-stop-shop for all of your HVAC needs – including installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance for furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, air filters, water filters, and gas lines. Whether you’re looking for help with something minor or need an experienced professional to take on a larger-scale project — we’re your go-to pros for all your HVAC needs. Our team at Oria Heating and Cooling is ready to handle all jobs in a timely and professional manner.
Give us a call or complete the form and we will contact you and provide a free estimate for the installation project at hand.